Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Why Yoga and When?

     Was thinking about how I never got into yoga and following a spiritual master until I was a grown man and it dawned on me the corporations. My mom and dad worked for the Pennsylvania Railroad. Oh, no waves to make in that organization. Although they had a union, the MBA, Mutual Beneficial Association of Transportation Employees I am sure there were no protections for them getting flaky in anyway as most devotees are perceived to be by the general public.
     So this corporate structure keeps you living a certain way, believing certain things and that is at odds with a system like Siddha Yoga for instance. Having food on the table, a home to live in and a good neighborhood and schools for the kids is the most important thing. Yogananda existed back in my mom's day. Vivkenanda came to the States in the late 19th century. 

No comments: